*** Contact lenses, now more than ever, should be thrown away on required schedule, not slept in, and cleaned daily. We strongly recommend that you have backup eyewear in addition to your contacts. Glasses will actually give your eyes protection from COVID 19. WASH WASH WAS YOUR HANDS BEFORE REMOVING OR INSERTING CONTACTS *******
Advances in contact lens design and materials have made them a clear, comfortable option for many people requiring vision correction. Our office has extensive training and experience in fitting many styles of contact lenses, including:
- Soft lenses – usually disposable for optimum health
- Soft Toric lenses – for astigmatism
- Multifocal/Bifocal lenses – for those needing near and distance correction
- Fashion Color Lenses – all Contact Lenses require proper fitting by a Doctor and a prescription.
- Rigid gas permeable lenses (RGP) – available in distance correction and mulit-focal/bifocal correction.
Click to Order Contact Lenses Online
Some exciting technological advancements in contact lenses include:
- Newer materials called silicone-hydrogels (SiHy) that are more “breathable” and therefore safer and more comfortable including late in the day dryness. These are rapidly replacing conventional hydrogel contact lenses and are already available in most prescriptions in most styles including Multifocals.
- The latest in Multifocal contact lenses are working far better for more individuals than ever before. This may mean no need for reading glasses over your contact lenses!
- Daily Disposables are some of the most convenient and healthy options by having a fresh clean lens to insert every day.
- Very few individuals cannot wear contact lenses today because of all the advancements. If you are interested in wearing contact lenses or have been told you are not a good candidate, consider a second opinion today, even if you have been told your prescription does not allow it.
Contact Lens considerations:
- Dry Eyes frequently reduce vision, comfort, and therefore satisfaction of contact lens use. Dry Eye can be treated and usually controlled in order to allow comfortable contact lens use. From simply using tear drops over contacts to using the latest technology, there are many ways to overcome these issues.
- Allergies are another potential source of vision and comfort complication when it comes to contact lens use. Again, usually allergy symptoms can be controlled or minimized in order to allow happy contact lens use. Ask us how to overcome your concerns before you become dissatisfied with contacts, or if you have discontinued using your contacts for similar reasons then consult with us on how you can overcome them.
Insertion and Removal Training:
- One of our services is to provide comprehensive training on the use, handling, and inserting/removing of contact lenses. Many people are just afraid to put in and take out contact lenses. This is certainly a hurdle one must overcome to achieve happy use, however, you do not have to do it alone. We are here to assist you, in fact we require all new wearers to have training to ensure success. We also review with all current wearers the safe habits of conatact lens use. Contact lenses are a medical device and can cause harm. This is why they are regulated by the FDA and require a prescription from a licensed practioner. If you have questions on how to use your contacts call us today.
- Also, try watching these informative videos on soft contact lens use:
- CooperVision Insertion Training Video
- Alcon Insertion/Removal Training Video