The health of our patients and staff have always been our number 1 priority at Seeport Optometry. We at Seeport are taking the Covid19 virus very seriously. We are taking extra measures to ensure your health and well-being are protected during these unsettling times.
In an effort to both protect our patients and public, we, as a team, have decided to continue eye care, eyewear ordering and contact lens ordering at SeePort Optometry. Dr. Hicks is available 24/7 for ocular emergencies as always and all appointments must be scheduled. We are attempting to have as few patients in the office as possible by spacing out appointments to adhere to social distancing guidelines. Our goal is to keep our healthcare facility as sanitized as possible while continuing to serve our North Port Community. If you are experiencing pain, blurriness, vision loss or something similar, please click here to schedule an appointment or call the office 941-876-4400
Some steps we have taken:
1. All eyeglass frames are sanitized after each patient with a UV light which kills bacteria and viruses. Scientists have known for decades that broad-spectrum germicidal UV light, which has wavelengths between 200 and 400 nanometers (nm), is highly effective at killing bacteria and viruses by destroying the molecular bonds that hold their DNA together.
2. All patient care areas have been thoroughly wiped down with an alcohol based solution between patients. This includes exam chairs, eye exam equipment and waiting room chairs, touch points throughout the office (door handles, lights switches, chair backs).
3. After pens are used, they are sanitized with a Clorox wipe. This is also true for any laminated forms we have in the office.
4. All magazines and children’s toys have been removed from the waiting room area.
5. Patient intake computers are sanitized after each patient uses them.
6. Hand sanitizer and anti-microbial soap is available at the door and at all exam stations.
7. All staff are currently wearing protective face masks.
If your contact lens prescription has expired, please click here to be redirected to our contact lens info page. If you have broken or lost your glasses, please click here to be redirected to our same day glasses page.
If you are at high risk for the COVID 19 virus, fear you may have been exposed, or are overall uncomfortable with coming into the office, kindly reschedule any routine eye care and request a telemedicine visit with Dr. Hicks. We wish you the best health and quick healing.